I remember when I was in 7th grade and was out of school for about a week straight maybe longer due to snow. It was great because my friend Rhonda lived up the road and I would go hang out at her house or she would come to mine. It was great. I had no worries and not bills at that time and any day out of school was a good one.
Fast forward to the present. Tennessee has not really had that kind of winter in a long time and snow is usually a once or twice a winter occurance with only an inch or maybe two. This winter started out great because when you don't see it a lot snow is fantastic. One snow a couple of weeks before Christmas. Not too bad because it was a weekend and I was at home. Then we had the snow at Christmas which was the best thing ever. I mean, who does not want a white Christmas. Then January hit and here at the end of the month and we are on the fifth snowstorm. I love the snow but as I pointed out to my husband, back in the 80's we did not have jobs that we had to drive to. So far I have done well enough. The main roads have been fairly clear when it was time to go to work. Today my luck ran out on that one.
While I did get to hang out with my family I did not accomplish anything else and I really feel bad for the few people who did show up at work. I know they had a crazy day. Well I am sure tomorrow will make up for it. I really hope the winter is over soon. Between the bad roads and what the weather does to fibromyalgia. I do really like snow, just maybe now so much.
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment